Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ver 7.1 and Quarantine option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2004
US
Any one using the quarantine option? We have a couple of users that get quatantined, but etrust doesn't tell us why. We run local scans afterward and no virus is found...

Thanks,
- J

Quarantine happens when your realtime scanner detects a virus (either real or false positive). Check your realtime scanner logs and move directory for the machines in questions and see if this is what is happening.

Running a local scan after the fact won't necessarily find anything as 1) the realtime scanner could have cured or moved the infected files or 2) the local scanner only scans files that the user running the local scanner has permissions to.

In order to properly scan the machine you need to do a scheduled scan (you can set it up to run just once and just a couple of minutes before you want it to run). A scheduled scan is run by the SYSTEM account so it will scan all accounts with SYSTEM permissions.

Cheers.

It's definitely a false positive, there are no indications that a virus is (was) present. On all other infections it states why the user was quarantined.
This is only happening with Version 7.1. We have 6.0 and 7.0 clients and have never had this happen before. I am hesitant to roll this version out to my enterprise.

- J

If 7.0 is working and you are not having any issues why upgrade. Let 7.1 seat out in the wild for a while so all the bugs can be found and fixed. Then think about upgrading.

"evil prospers when good men do nothing”

I agree with the last post. I normally wait about a year to use the latest version of InoculateIT.

We haven't rolled it out to everyone yet, Just a subset of our computers. Since this version has been out for 7 months, you would think it would be more stable..I can't believe we're the only ones see this false quarentine....

I am having this quarantaines without any clue why. A manual scan afterwards shows nothing. Anybody else having this problem?

ivor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back