Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Venting on the road to CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonMc67

MIS
Jun 1, 2001
US
I've been learning and studying and troubleshooting and re-learning for months...

I've got a home lab with 3 routers and 3 switches

I've been using GNS3

I've taken a ICND1 and an ICND2 (and read both books taking good notes and making flash cards)

I've used How2Pass extensively (and have been testing in the mid %90's for weeks)

I had to take a "qualifier" test because I have a test pass guarantee...

the "qualifier" was a Measureup test and I needed a %90 on it...

freakin' joke... there was a sim on there where I needed to do some subinterfaces... and the sim wouldn't take a "."...

I got a %82...

figure 2 more weeks of studying for the stupid Measureup oughta do it...

If it helps make you feel better, I bought a prep logic practice test software package once for the BSCI I think. The sims on it were terrible, because:
a. couldn't shorthand/tab anything
b. had to type everything in exactly how they had it, and they would randomly and inconsistently short hand things.
c. there were mistakes
d. no ? for assistance if needed.

mostly same on the measureup... I put myself in the habit of doing a sho run for all troubleshooting and it took me a few commands to find out show running-config wasn't enabled in the test at all anywhere...

but really... how are you expected to do a subint when you can't type a period???

my biggest gripe with them is.....TIME! I take the icnd2 on monday and they dropped it from 90min to 75min for the same 40-50 questions....You don't even have time to read the questions anymore.

nooblet, dude, you'll have no problem passing the ICND2. Based on the responses you've given to issues in the routers and switches forums you've got a very solid grasp on things. Any weak spots??

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

unclerico lol thanks for the vote of confidence. I don't have any real weak spots as far as the icnd2 goes. (as far as knowledge anyway) My issue is always time. I take my practice exams now and it takes all I can do to get the 42 questions in 75 min (based on what most say the exam is about 40-45 questions). I like to thoroughly read my questions and think about my answers, cisco doesn't really like that :) I can subnet quickly, but I take to long on the simlets it seems. :( Reality is I might not pass....BUT....I got the comeback2009 code to retake for free if I do :) Time and money is on my side .... :)

nooblet, how did the exam go??

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)

i figured as much...congrats [thumbsup2]

Just passed my Measureup Qualifier test with a %93, waiting on my voucher from New Horizons...

I just passed... I'm so happy I'm gonna drink a beer

You guys are lucky. I went to take the test last week. I checked the timer on the computer and it said I had 17 minutes left. I looked at the bottom to see "Question 36 out of 44." I clicked "Next" and it went to the end screen, brought up the lil print window and then changed screens again saying I failed.

I asked the administrator what happened and she said I ran out of time. Funny, though, how I could run out of time with 17 minutes left. She pointed to a piece of paper where "110 minutes" was written. When I later called the company to start an incident report, I was told that 110 minutes is the projected appointment time, including the test. I was in that office for all of 95 minutes. That includes getting my picture, signing in, getting the materials and putting my stuff in a locker (not to mention the tutorials).

So yesterday I get an e-mail from the company and they say they won't issue me a credit because their techs "couldn't find an issue in their system." Basically I think that's company speak for "We want more of your money."

So now, to re-take the test, I have to pay $250, and all with no guarantee I won't get booted out at 17 minutes left again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back