Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vent Session

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybytez

Programmer
Jan 8, 2003
US
Oracle 9iAS maybe a very complex and robust product once it is working, but getting the Enterprise Edition loaded is an absolute joke and nightmare. I would have to say that so far my opinion of this App Server is that it is total crap. I just took an Oracle class on 9iAS and we had to do about 10 reinstalls because that was the only way to solve half the issues.

It took me about 15+ times to have the stupid Infrastructure load correctly. But once I rebooted, I received the following problems:

Upon reboot though, the following failed:1) webcached.exe2) Oracle Intelligent Agent Executable3) oidservice.exe4) nmentsrvc.exe5) Then about 30 java.exe processes were started and everytime I killed one, another would pop up, this destroyed my system performance.

Am I missing something, or an important patch?

If I did not have to learn this for work, there is no way in hell I would continue using it.

I have to agree with you 9iAS Release 2 could not be more complicated if they tried!!

But in Oracle’s defense, Release 1 (9iAS 1.0.2) is an absolute pleasure to install and use. I have done quite a few installations and have had very few problems (if any)!
Then I tried Release 2 thinking I would be able to cruise through that too!!??

I have heard rumors that the next release of 9iAS will not be as complicated, and that you will not need to install an entire new database for your infrastructure!

We can only HOPE!

Have you tried an installation on Linux?? We did Win2K then Red Hat AS 2.1 installations. The numbers:
Win2K 3 weeks to install and configure
RedHat 2.5 months and counting
Granted this is my first exposure to Oracle's products, and I only came on to help a month ago, but this thing is a joke. I'm really surprised that anyone, especially Oracle, would release such a piece of rubbish. There are too many problems to list.

how do I get rid of the nmentsrvc.exe error that shows up every time I reboot my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back