Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

pptppbx

Technical User
Mar 14, 2002
US
I need to understand more about them and how to enable them. Any help would be appreciated.

Well you are in the right spot. I have found that making a test/learning vector was very helpful. If you have a spare DID number you can learn to use vdn, vectors, cover paths and answer groups. Good Luck Look!!! New Buttons
Same amount of time!

Thanks All Phoneman2

I guess I need to know where to start. Is this (vectors) an additional software package? Or is this something that I can enable within the PBX?

To determine if you have the vectoring priv. Enter the command disp sys cu. Then ref. page 4, here is where you will find out if you have the vectoring capability.

Ok, now that I know I dont have the functionality, what are the steps I need to take to enable it?

From what I understand, the System Parameters Customer Options table can only be modified by Avaya...

You need to contact your Avaya rep. and pay him some money and they'll enable the vectoring for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back