Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vectors/announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

datafone

Technical User
Feb 15, 2007
GH
I have just completed installing and configuring an AVAYA Definity system, that includes an announcement and music on hold. The difficulty I am facing now is that I can not dial to any extension neither can I wait for the operator's assistance. The call cuts after the greetings.
I need assistance please.

In your vector, you might want a collect step rather than just announcement...

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

I have the collect digits step. In my case it is collect 3 digits after announcement 490.
Is there anything else that I am missing?

Can you post the vector so we can review?

- Stinney

Favorite all too common vendor responses: "We've never seen this issue before." AND "No one's ever wanted to use it like that before.

Her is it;
1. wait-time 2 secs hearing ringback
2. collect 3 digits after announcement 490
3. route-to digits with coverage n
4. goto step 5 if unconditionally
5. route-to number 0 with cov n if unconditionally
6. stop

Trace the VDN that goes to the vector using - list trace VDN XXXX

Dial the VDN and post the results. If you are getting a denial event, it might be COR settings on the VDN.

BTW: step 4 of your vector is not needed.

"I doubt, therefore I might be

You might also want to insert a wait step for the digits. This will give them a couple seconds to think of and input the digits.

1. wait-time 2 secs hearing ringback
2. collect 3 digits after announcement 490
3. route-to digits with coverage n
4. wait-time 2 secs hearing silence
5. goto step 5 if unconditionally
6. route-to number 0 with cov n if unconditionally
7. stop

Thanx
S. Chupp
ACA

Ronster is right and I would also recommend removing step 4, it's not necessary.

First, change steps 3 and 5 so they are "with cov y" and see if they work.

Also check your Prompting Timeout in your System Parameters Features (mines on page 11, CM 3.1.4)

Make sure it's set for a resonable amount of seconds. This setting is how long the system will wait after the announcement plays to collect digits before progressing onto the next step.

- Stinney

Favorite all too common vendor responses: "We've never seen this issue before." AND "No one's ever wanted to use it like that before.

I disagree with Schupp.

I'd take out the wait step it isn't needed.

On the System Parameters Feature page, see example below you set the Prompting Timout parameter to 5 seconds.

Now when the vector says collect a digit after announcement, the system will wait 5 seconds by default until it continues with the next line of the vector.

VECTORING
Converse First Data Delay: 0 Second Data Delay: 0
Converse Signaling Tone (msec): 100 Pause (msec): 70
Prompting Timeout (secs): 5
Interflow-qpos EWT

Threshold:2

[Started on Version 3 software 15 years a go]

I guess my systems default timeout is setup for zero seconds. I go straight from collect announcement to next valid step.

Thanx
S. Chupp
ACA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back