Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vectorizing a logo in Corel Draw 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

spin28

Technical User
Nov 22, 2004
US
Does anyone know how to vectorize a logo using Corel Draw 12? I tried using Corel Trace and it came out so-so. I need to fill in the logo and I'm told you go to window->dockers->contour which I did but it doesn't fill it in properly. Any tutorials, hints, suggestions, etc that someone could give me regarding vectorizing a logo?

There are lots of tools available for this type of thing, but in my experience, nothing ever looks as good as just tracing over a scan by hand, using the bezier tool; applying your fills at the end. This is the only sure-fire way of getting artwork-quality and accuracy. I have often been tempted with Corel Trace etc, but even though you think it'll take too long to do the old-fasioned way, add up all the time you spend finding a shortcut, and it doesn't seem too bad.

I agree with Drawist, Corel Trace just doesn't do it. I use Signlab and the auto trace/vectorisation in that is head and shoulders above Corels but even that requires node editing afterwards. The best quality stuff is done by importing the bitmap, using it as a template and hand tracing.
Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back