Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vectoring DID digit translation 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seun

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2003
NG
I'm setting up number translation using vectoring for a DID trunk, bcos the service provider could not provide numbering withing our extension range. Would have done this on the "incoming Call Handling Treatment" page of the trunk-group, but limited to 22 lines; need to translate for 50 extensions.
My vector page looks like this

01 goto step 5 if digits = 400
02 goto step 6 if digits = 401
03 goto step 7 if digits = 402
04 goto vector 9 if nomatch
05 route-to number 2100 with cov n if unconditionally
06 route-to number 2200 with cov n if unconditionally
07 route-to number 2500 with cov n if unconditionally
08 stop

400,401,402 are incoming digits while 2100, 2200, 2500 are extension ranges. The issue is, all incoming call directed to this vector would only ring on extension 2100.

How can this be rectified?

I'm not an expert but isn't 'digits' for prompting the caller to enter digits? I would try 'ani' instead of 'digits'.

That is correct....You wish to route on ANI not on 'digits".

Thanks guys

Tried that option, but swicth says "ani" vectoring not assigned.
How can this be turned on?

Don't know, it must be an option you must purchase. Try vector routing tables.

You can use digit treatment insertion, on trunk(DID) group page 1. Insert FAC digit for AAR or ARS digit conversion table, and then you can handle digits as you want.

Using the page 3 (incoming call handling) just type sth like this:

service len string del
public-ntwrk 3 4 3 aar or ars FAC

then goto the ARS or AAR digit converiosn table and there converse anyhting you need.

Hope this helps
GuzaPasha

Thanks GuzaPasha for this information. But I still do not totally understand. Please can you expantiate?
Thanks.

If he makes the trunk group DID, he won't get the page three which gives him the option of defining the feature, calling length, number and Insert/Delete options.
He will need to make is isdn.

If he makes it "did" he will only be able to dictate whether the "X" digit(s) is absorbed or to insert "X" digit(s) in front of the string being sent from the co.
It won't help him if the co is sending him 3 digits leading with a "4" when his dial plan is 4 digits leading with "2".
YOU CAN EITHER ABSORB OR INSERT A DIGIT NOT BOTH WITH DID TRUNK.

Perhaps, if he has second digit turned on he can use the incoming digits from the co as UDP codes. Then set up an aar route based on the those three groups: 400/401/402.
Basically each time the switch sees 400, it will goto to the table and see which extension ranges fall under it and then route it accordingly.
It's almost like a DCS enviroment between two off-site switches.

Here it is:

using DID:(page 1 of the DID trunk group form)

Digit Treatment:insertion Digits: 0

On this way, switch inserts the 0(which is FAC for ARS) in front of the incoming digits, the switch will then check ars digit conversion table, and will match the strings.

ARS digit conversion table:

Matching pattern
min
max
del
insert
net
ext
and so on for all strings that you need.

using ISDN:

Using the page 3 (incoming call handling) just type sth like this:

service len mathc string del insert
public-ntwrk 3 4 0 aar or ars FAC

then goto the ARS or AAR digit conversios table and there converse anyhting you need, as it is shown previously.

Hope this helps
GuzaPasha

p.s. reading the previous post from (), you can find helpful tips

Oh, and you probably want to insert more than one digit but if you only use one, DON'T USE "0".
Most likely that is how your operator is reached and once the switch see it, the call will go to the operator without waiting for additional input(unless your dial plan uses the second digit table and you set up "0" as "misc").

IMHO, the best way to do what you need is to make that trunk group ISDN and do your inserting and deleting just for incoming calls to that trunk.
That or tell your provider you will find a new one if they can't accommodate your needs.

it looks like you have no wait time to collect digits. so it would automatically skip through the routing that did not aply and go directly to the step 5. just add a Wait before your options or inbetween them.

Thanks GuzaPasha and (). I have finally been able to sort the problem.

What we did was a combination of both your suggestions. We left the trunk type as ISDN, and on the page 3 we inserted the ARS digit "9" in front of the received digits. We then went to the ARS digit conversion table, deleted the received digits and inserted the extensions numbers.

It's working perfectly.

Thanks guys.

Hi Seun,
can you give more details about how you acomplshed this? I have 60 DIDs that are not in our ext range. I had 18 of them working by using page 3 of the ch trun group, but that is a built in limit for some reason on our G3siR12. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi dookie

The steps are

1. Ensure the trunk type of the trunk group was set to ISDN

2. The page 3 of the trunk group looked like
Srvce/Ftre calledLen caled no. Insert percall night ser
public-ntwrk 3 9

(9 is the switchs ARS digit)

3. Go to the ARS digit conversion table. Put the individual incoming digits for the DID under the "Matching pattern" field. The Min, Max, Del field should be same length as incoming digits and the "replacement string" field would be individual exts.

This way you'll have more option for setting up DID.

I have this working. Just curious though.. On the ch ars digit conv table there are a couple of fields that I'm not sure about. they are net conv and ANI req. Does anyone have info on what these actually control? I have them set to ext, y and n right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back