Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vectoring ?? Can call go back a step, repeat 3X's then fwd 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjoetech

Technical User
Sep 12, 2007
US
Hello,

I'm wondering if I can send a call to a vector, have the vector collect one digit after annoucement, Then say If digit = 1, go to extension xxx, If digit = 2 then go to ext nnn, 3,4,5 & and so on.

If no digit is ever pressed, I want the vector to repeat from the beginning, but only repeat this 3 times before moving on further in the vector.

I was wondering if there is a loop count feature that will allow me to replay this portion of the vector 3 times without having to do a ton of repetative programming. I know I can do this with a lot of programming (I have many of these vectors to build), but hoping for a shortcut.

Thanks,

Joe

this can be done. try using variables in vector, very flexible and its a little fun playing.

ANY HINTS on how to use variables? Never done that.

Thanks!!

First you will need to create the variable:
Command = change variable (will start with A through ZZ). I used CL for "count loops". Type = collect (in this instance), Scope = local (counting for this vector only, not system-wide), length = 1 (for target # of loops 0-9), Start Assignment = 1 (for first position). See below:

VARIABLES FOR VECTORS

Var Description Type Scope Length Start Assignment VAC
CH
CI
CJ
CK
CL count loops collect L 1 1

Here is a sample of how it was used in a vector to redirect the caller after 3 loops (actually 4 times including first time through):

CALL VECTOR
13 announcement 5444
14 set CL = none ADD none
15 wait-time 30 secs hearing music
16 goto step 24 if staffed-agents in skill 61 = 0
17 goto step 34 if staffed-agents in skill 97 > 0
18 collect 1 digits after announcement 5445 for none
19 goto vector 164 @step 1 if digits = 1
20 goto step 26 if digits = 2
21 goto step 36 if CL = 3
22 set CL = CL ADD 1
23 goto step 15 if unconditionally

Hope this helps to get you started.

there is also a stepcnt variable type you can use instead of collect.

Thanks for this extremely valuable information!! The variable feature works well (if the caller does not press any digits). I found that if the caller presses a bogus digit, or a digit (such as "Press # to hear your choices again"), I loose the count loop.

Is there a way that I can program this variable so it only plays three times regardless of the fact that the caller pressed a digit that returns to the beginning? I know it sounds petty, but there is a good reason for this, and gets a bit complex.

Again, THANKS

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back