Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vector Routing Based on 800 Number Dialed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObLogic7

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2011
US
I need to add 9 more 800 numbers to my system, but do not have enough DIDs left in the extension range where the 800 numbers need to route. I was wondering if there is some way I can route each of the 9 numbers to the same VDN and have a vector that can redirect based on which 800 number was dialed? Is there a better way to redirect based on the number that was dialed?

Any help or other suggestions are appreciated.

You don't need DID's for this. You can edit the "change inc-call-handling-trmt trunk-group XX" table where XX is the trunk number.

This table will allow you to intercept calls coming in with specific DNIS for each toll free number, strip that DNIS and insert whatever extension you want to route the call to.

For instance if your toll free number 800-234-5678 terminates to your system with the DNIS 5678 then you would strip 4 digits and insert xxx-xxxx. Where xxx-xxxx is the extension you want those calls to route to.

- Miguel

A very wise and well respected man once told me "Shut Up!".

AT&T is asking where the numbers should be pointed. I figured they needed a DID to point the number to... which is the way we have done it for the few other 800 numbers we have. What do I tell them to point these numbers to without using a DID?

ObLogic, tell them that "I want these numbers routed over my existing T1's via DNIS. I want the DNIS digits for "TollFree #1" to be XXXX, I want DNIS digits for "TollFree #2" to be XXXX.

So essentially, if you have a 'internal' dialing plan of 2xxx and you could just tell them to use extensions off of that range. The toll free number would then appear to be a call destined for those digits on your switch. Just make a matching VDN and your done.

Thanks for the help. That's exactly what I needed to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back