Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vector Routing and collecting digits vector variables??

Status
Not open for further replies.

polska1979

Technical User
Nov 26, 2008
GB
Morning all

Due to call recording requirements I am having to change the way our complaints department utilise the switch.

Currently they all use DDI numbers with basic hunt groups and pick ups etc, these calls are recorded but arent tagged by our Verint I360 as they arent using ACD agent ids. As you can imagine this can be a nightmare should we need to retrieve a call. Another consideration is that the advisers have historically given their DDI numbers out on letters to customers.

I plan to use ARS to direct any calls made to the DDI's to a VDN (for future CMS reporting - not a current requirement)then hit a vector for routing.

Within the vector I want to play an anno to ask the customer to enter the extension number of the agent they wish to speak to.

Once this is done the call will then route to the agent required. Bear in mind that the agent id will be different to the extension number the caller enters.

I need to also consider coverage if the agent isnt available etc.

I thought this would be simple with collect 4 digits after anno etc, but then realised that CM4 only allows digits 0 - 9 in the route to etc if digits collected equals #

can i utilise vector variables in any way to make this work?

You should be able to use the method you intended.

By 0-9 it simply means the characters you enter must be numbers. I don't think it's intended to be a single digit number.

In the vector you can collect 4 digits after anouncement xxx
Then just do a route to digits.

This should work for you.

- Miguel

A very wise and well respected man once told me "Shut Up!".

figured it out....

collect 4 digits after announcement v2 for none
route to digits with coverage y
route to {vdn} with coverage n if unconditionally

I will need to test it tomorrow and will have to assign a skill to the {vdn} of the other advisers. But I think this will work.

actually, ive just had a thought.

Once the user enters the digits in the vector will the switch route the call through ARS again or try to route it to the old ddi, which will of course be redundant?

The vector will route to the 4 digit extension. Not the DID.

So are you saying that the caller would dial a ddi which let's say would normally route to ext. 1234, you'll redirect this to the vector and when the caller is asked for the extension they are calling they would be entering 1234?

In this case, yes, I beleive they would be caught in a loop.

If you want to route 1234 to a different number it's going to be tricky. The ideal situation would be to use if you could make the new extension to route to 1 number different. So if you could convert 1234 to 6234, 1235 to 6235, etc. then you could use variables to change the number it's routing to.

In this example it assumes your extensions are 4 digits in length.

Set up 2 variables as local collect variables with a length of 4. I'm using A and B.

In your vector you will program:

collect 4 digits after announcement #### for A
set B = A SEL 3
set B = B CATL 6
route-to number B with cov y if unconditionally

So the caller enters 1234
set B = A SEL 3, sets B to the digits 234
set B = B CATL 6, sets B to 6234
then the route-to routes it to 6234.

- Stinney

Quoting only proves you know how to cut and paste.

Currently they all use DDI numbers with basic hunt groups and pick ups etc.... Another consideration is that the advisers have historically given their DDI numbers out on letters to customers.

Have you given any thought to using Direct Agent Calling, using the DID numbers as the agent logon ID numbers?

Susan
You can have it all. You just can't have it all at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back