Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vector question

Status
Not open for further replies.

njadmin

Technical User
Sep 5, 2006
US
I have the following vector in which everything works fine except for dialing an extension number at any time.
01 announcement 5001
02 collect 1 digits after announcement 5002
03 route-to number 8002 with cov y if digit = 1
04 goto vector 102 if digits = 2
05 goto vector 103 if digits = 3
06 route-to number 7375 with cov y if digit = 4
07 route-to number 7380 with cov y if digit = 5
08 goto vector 112 if digits = 6
09 goto step 14 if digits = 7+
10 route-to number 8700 with cov y if digit = 8
11 goto step 2 if digits = 9
12 route-to number 7399 with cov n if digit = 0
13 stop
14 route-to digits with coverage y
15 stop

our ext are 7000-7999 and if I add more digits for collection it delays the progress of the other options. Is there an easy way to get around this without having another option like "press 7 if you know your partiess ext

We have the same setup. I have a 1st announcement that states "If you know the extension of the person you require please dial it now or hold for further options". Then if they don't dial a number you can have the second announcement with the further options...
01 wait-time 2 secs hearing ringback
02 goto vector 52 if holiday in table 1
03 goto step 22 if time-of-day is fri 18:00 to mon 08:30
04 goto step 22 if time-of-day is all 18:00 to all 08:30
05 goto step 20 if staffed-agents in skill 97 > 0
06 collect 4 digits after announcement 3708
07 route-to digits with coverage y
08 collect 1 digits after announcement 3704
09 route-to number 2731 with cov y if digit = 1
10 route-to number 2751 with cov y if digit = 2
11 route-to number 2750 with cov y if digit = 3
12 route-to number 2749 with cov y if digit = 4
13 route-to number 2730 with cov y if digit = 5
14 route-to number 2735 with cov y if digit = 6
15 queue-to skill 1st pri m
16 announcement 3701
17 wait-time 10 secs hearing music
18 goto step 16 if unconditionally
19 stop
20 disconnect after announcement 3702
21 stop
22 disconnect after announcement 3774

I think you will need to insert a collect 4 digits step after step 14 then you will route to the digits with coverage. You may even want an announcement to state please enter the 4 digit extenstion number in the collect 4 digit step after announcement xxxx.

The only problem I'm seeing is that once the first ann passes (if you th ext please ...) if they try to enter it it will just discon.
Can you use a collect after a collect?
ie.
01 collect 1 digit after ann 5002
02 goto ...
14 collect 4 digit after ann _blank_
route-to digits with cov Y
stop

If the caller enters 4 digits will the first collect cut them off or pass them to the collect 4?

TykeUK had a great solution. Not sure anyother way to do it without upgrading to CM3.x.

This may not be an option, but if you can upgrade to CM3.x, you have the ability to concatenate collected digits by using vector variables and the "set digits" command.

Here's a simple example on what can be done:

"change variables"
define variable 'A' as "TYPE=collect" "SCOPE=L" "START=1" "LENGTH=1"

"change vector"
01 :
02 collect 1 digit after announcement 5002 for A
(Variable A contains a copy of the first collected digit)
:
09 goto step 14 if digits = 7
(or you could do "goto .. if A = 7")
:
14 collect 3 digit after announcement none for none
(collect the remaining 3 digits of the extension 7xxx)
15 set digits = A CATR digits
(concatenate the first digit A='7' with the remaining 3 digits to create your 7xxx extension)
16 route-to digits ...
(route to the new concatenated digits which should have the 7xxx extension)
:

Again the above is a simple example. You may want to put some error checking for the extension?

-y

It looks like I'll go with TykeUK.
I'll just re-write the opening scripts and collect 4 wait a few seconds and then collect 1 for everything else.
Create a new vector and announce to dial 7 if you know the ext.

I know there's noway I'll be able to get that upgrade to CM3 we just upgraded to CM2(r12) last year and that wasn't any fun to ask for.

THanks again guys
Jason

Just an idea, but not shure to have well understand your problem (i'am french with a poor english....)

In your vector step 02, collect 4 digit after ann
and in your announcement tell something like

If you know the extension of the person you require please dial it now and press the # key.

Looks like you want to ask for an extension number than ask to press 1,2 or 3 for something else. You can ask for the extension number by collecting 4 digits. The phone system will wait unless you press the # key and then it will proceed on. What I have done in the past is say something to the effect of "If you know your party's extension please enter it now or press the # sign for more options. If they know the extension it collects the 4 digit extension and routes. If they don't know the extension and press the pound sign the system moves onto the next step without waiting, which is a collect 1 digit after annoucment xxxx. This announcment outlines the 1 digit choices. The amount of time the system will wait for input is set on the "change system-parameters features" screen under "Prompting Timeout". Just my two cents.

Hey Folks,
Stupid question> How do I change the outpulsed digits on an Avaya G3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back