Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vector not working correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

newphonedoer

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2004
US
My helpdesk is open M-F 7am - 9 pm
Sat closed
sun open 4-9

I have the current vector in place. . .
01 goto step 6 if holiday in table 1
02 goto step 8 if time-of-day is sun 16:00 to sun 21:00
03 goto step 6 if time-of-day is all 21:00 to all 7:00
04 goto step 6 if time-of-day is fri 21:00 to Sun 16:00
05 route-to number 6017 with cov n is unconditionally
06 messaging split 1 for extension 5750
07 stop
08 route-to number 9cellnumber with cov y if unconditionally
09 stop

I am trying to route calls to a cell phone number on Sunday so reps can work from home. In the above example I do have the actual number in the system. It seems that calls do nothing on sunday during open hours. The calls just hang. I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know what. Help is appreciated.

Do you have call forward off-net restricted? Type in "display system-parameters customer-options", page 4. This may be set up yes, and could be the problem.

Verify that the VDN has a class of restriction(COR) with a high enough FRL to allow call to use the correct route pattern.

When I do the command display system-parameters customer-options, it says Yes for the restrict off-net call forward. Where can I change this and what will it effect?

What I found that I can do is set up an extension and forward that extension to the cell phone. It is a bit messy this way however. I tested this on line 5 and it worked, however, I not sure that it will work on line 8 within the specific time frame.

Changing the coverage did not help. What I did was put the cell number directly in line 5 to test that theory.

When I do Ch vector 1 to look at the COR, I do not see that setting so I am not sure how to check that last suggestion from goodyrman.

Thank you all for your assistance.

You need to check the cor of the VDN that runs this vector. If the COR can call out, then you shouldn't have to change the "Call Forward" field.

display system-parameters customer-options this is known as the "Money-page" because you cannot change anything on it only Avaya can, can you say Cha-ching!?!

Avaya, Octel, AUDIX, CMS and other fun stuff.

"There is always a way, it may not be pretty but there is always a way."

&quot;I don't have a technical solution to your management problem.&quot; <PeaveyPhones>

P:-D

newphonedoer, what version release are you on? Do you have any xmobile stations? If you do have xmobile rtu's following this setup:

1. Do a "add st XXXX" XXXX is a extension not in use and doesnt have to be a DID. Enter a regular station type. (6410) Enter in a security code and normal COS and COR. No coverage path. Enter a X for the port. Do another "add st XXXX". For station type on page 1, you want xmobile as the type with a normal COR and COS. Do not enter a coverage path. Scroll down to CELL PHONE NUMBER MAPPING at the bottom of page 1. Dial prefix would be '1', Cell Phone Number would be the number you want the vector to route to 1235551234 and Mapping Mode would be 'Termination'. Page down to page 3. For the Line Appearance: enter 'brdg-appr' and for Btn: enter '1', Ext: is the extension you first created.

2. Do a 'cha Feat' and page down to page 2. Enter in a feature access code (FAC) for 'Enhanced EC500 Activation:' Hit enter.

3. Dial you new FAC, the extension you first created, #, enter the security code, #. You should get a confirmation tone.

To test this new feature dial the newly created extension number and see if it dials your cell number.

Now you can enter the new extension number in your step 08...

This is a stab in the dark, but try calling from a cell phone and see if it works. I had similar problems with another switch. Have got Avaya on it and have not had any reply yet....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back