Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vector missing step? Holiday tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSKP

IS-IT--Management
Jan 23, 2017
GB
Hi all.

I am experiencing a problem within 1 of our vectors where it appears to be missing a step.
Below is a snippet of where the issue is occuring.

04 goto step 25 if holiday in table 52
05 goto vector 96 @step 1 if holiday in table 8
25 # OOH
26 disconnect after announcement 86993

Step 5 has since been commented out. However this is what it was when the problem occured. It is probably worth noting we have no trace records on the vector at the time as it is was OOH.

Holiday table 52:
04 13 20 00 04 15 01 00 Good Friday
04 15 17 00 04 18 01 00 Bank Holiday

Holiday table 8:
04 13 20 00 04 15 01 00 Good Friday
04 15 13 00 04 18 01 00 Easter Monday

The problem occured on Thursday 13th, after 20:00. We quickly commented out step 5 but the problem is - why did it even hit step 5?

The vector should of gone to step 25 as the current date and time was in the holiday table.
Instead - it didn't, and followed on to step 5.
The vector did follow the instructions at step 5, and did go to vector 96. But obviously it shouldn't of ever gone there. Resulting in playing an incorrect announcement and leading to a lot of embarrassment.

We are aware there is a lot of bad practice in this vector and holiday table writing - which has been rectified since but still should of followed the correct instructions.

We have had quite a few engineers look over this now who are just as confused as we are.

I've have even thought about the possibility about the vector somehow being 'corrupt'.

I have taken the step out of the live vector, and tested holiday table 52 in a duplicate vector, duplicate vdn and added a date (today) into the table to allow it to be active.
The testing proved the test vector worked absolutely fine, and went to step 25.

We are yet to test the live vector again, with a holiday table kicking in as we cant make changes during working hours. We plan to do this OOH shortly.

It has happened before on this live vector, and has happened multiple times on that Thursday last week - internally and externally.

Any advice or previous experience with this will be extremely beneficial..

Thanks in advance.

1st thing that come is to check the time set in the VDN.

Sorry not too sure what you mean about time set in the VDN?
But it is worth adding that we use service hour tables in all our vectors - that was just in the above steps in the snippets.

I agree with your logic. Should have went to step 25 indeed.
The only thing I can think of is you may have another vector pointing at this one but starting at step 5?

list usage vector would show this. (clutching at straws no doubt)

Unfortunately, the incoming call flow from the direct dial, into the VDN and then vector - there is only one vector, and one VDN.

Ultimately list trace vector only shows the VDN that it should.

Im glad its not just me.

Check the VDN timezone offset on page 3 of the VDN form - this is what DAVIDPAYNE was suggesting..

I thought he may of meant that after I hit reply, but the offset is set to 00:00 like the rest of our VDN's

VDN Time-Zone Offset*: + 00:00
Daylight Saving Rule*: system
Use VDN Time Zone For Holiday Vectoring*? n

Regardless also, the time set on both holiday tables is exactly the same. The both close at 20:00 on the 13th yet holiday table 52 didnt trigger the step to do the appropriate action.

...but the VDN timezone offset would affect step 4 & 5.
If it's after 8pm according to the VDN in whatever timezone, it is after 8pm for both steps.

Sounds like its a bug in the holiday table 52.

I used to program like this because the holiday tables were unreliable:
Code:
    ______START_______     _______END________
    Month Day Hour Min     Month Day Hour Min     Description
    04    13  20   00      04    13  23   59      Thurs
    04    14               04    14               Good Friday
    04    15  00   00      04    15  01   00      Sat early

I see - sorry I misinterpreted the logic. However the offset is 00:00 anyway.

I thought a bug with hol 52 too - but I have used it in the test vector and it worked fine.

For whatever reason, when the vector was being used, it didn't see the current time was in that holiday table and moved on - or it did see it was in the holiday table but decided to move on to the next step anyway.

Is it possible there could be a bug somewhere? I haven't ever heard of this but I'm struggling to justify it.

Only way to know is to do a "list trace vector" and dialing in, then you'll see which values it's comparing with and why it chooses to continue to step 5.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

odd question but is the switch time accurate? along with DST Rule
disp time to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back