Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vector Issue - Vector processing ends after route to command

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewM

MIS
Jun 18, 2001
US
I've recently taken over telecomm at my company, and am trying my hand at vectoring. Can someone tell me why the following vector will only route to the 2111 extension (primary attendant) where it just rings continuously? It won't play announcement 6815 after 10 seconds? Thanks for your help.

Telecom Neophyte

01) Goto step 04 if time of day is Mon 08:00 to Fri 17:00
02) Goto step 06 if time of day is All 17:00 to All 8:00
03) Goto step 06 if time of day is Sat 8:00 to Sun 17:00
04) Route to number 2111 with cov n if unconditionally
05) Wait time 10 seconds hearing ringback
06) Collect 1 digits after announcement 6815
07) Goto vector 104 if digits = 1
08) Goto step 09 if digits = 2
09) Route to 3620 with cov n if unconditionally
10) Wait time 12 seconds hearing ringback
11) Route to 2080 with cov n if unconditionally

Metthew,
The above vector would not work the way you want, The "Route to" step takes the call out of the vecotor & the call would not follow the balance steps written in the vector after route to step. There is another ways to do this like:

1. Create a new vector with the balance steps for playing "ann. & collect digit"

2. Add a new VDN & assign this new vector to this new VDN.

3. Define a cov path for extn. 2111 & at the first cov. point enter this new VDN # . You need to check whther you want only the outside calls to get the vector treatment & need to select the conditions in cov path accordingly( no answer/ busy/ active/ inside/ outside etc.)

4. Modify the current vector to set cov "y" for 2111.

This would give you the desired call flow.

Hope this would help.
Pradeep

Still you should change step 1-3 as well...

What I read is that you want to route to your attendant during business days & hours and otherwise route to the announcement.

First three lines should be like:

01 Goto step 06 if time of day is fri 17:00 to mon 08:00
02 Goto step 06 if time of day is all 17:00 to all 08:00
03 Goto step 04 if time of day is all 08:00 to all 17:00

The above solution would work if only the extension mentioned wouldn't have been an attendant. But as it is an attendant it won't be able to assign a coverpath to the console.

Rgds.

M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back