Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vector for Registered Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianCFCU

Technical User
Oct 13, 2005
US
Had a situation this weekend in which our main Gig Switch decided to stop working. This brought up the issue of the Contact Center not getting it's calls (s8500 in Op Center, Contact Center is located 12 miles away with g700).
They have a PRI for local outbound while in LSP but I was thinking I may be able to utilize it for inbound for this type of situation as well.

I would setup the main vector to GOTO STEP X if MEDIA = REGISTERED and if it's not, remote route the call to one of those PRI lines... But then what? Should the line I pick be a setup as a seperate hunt group for the Contact reps? Or can I utilize the same vector since the g700 should be running off the same vectors as the s8500? Just seems odd to pass a call off the s8500 into the same vector that would have handled the call on the s8500 anyway. Just feels like I'm missing something. As always, any help is much appreciated!

BrianCFCU,

I don't see a problem in doing this. The only problem could be that when the S8500 sees that the G700 isn't registered anymore the G700 could be still in the process of registering with the S8300.

I'd like to better understand this. I think your S8500 is the "main" server and your S8300 is the "lsp" server?

So, I see 2 different failure modes.
1) CLAN BAD, BUT S8500 OKAY. S8500 MAIN server has a CLAN that is registered to the media-gateway (S8300/G700). The S8500 MAIN server is still up and managing it's other portnetworks or gateways, but the CLAN goes south for some reason. The S8300/G700 connected to this BAD CLAN kicks into gear and start operating in the LSP mode in parallel with S8500. The system is now fragmented. An S8500 is active with whatever port-networks or other gateways working, and the S8300 is active with only it's gateway registered. So in this case, both servers can take inbound calls. If the inbound call is handled by the S8500 server, then "goto .. if media-gateway .. = registered" will make sense. You are checking to see if this media-gateway which is no longer registered can handle calls. If this media gateway is not registered, then you don't use any resources from this gateway (like announcments, messaging, outbound trunks, stations, etc). Instead, the s8500 would try to handle the incoming call without using the media-gateway at all.

2) S8500 GOES SOUTH. This is your scenario and your S8300 kicks into LSP mode. So your "goto .. if media-gateway .. = registered" is redundantly checking and not really useful. Instead the other conditional like "goto .. if server = lsp" or "goto .. if server <> main" would be more useful? Note that these conditionals would in turn be useless for in bound calls on an S8500 in failure mode 1 above? But for inbound calls on the S8300 in the LSP mode, we now know not to use any S8500 resources, only the G700 resources are available to use.

So, I'm not sure I helped you. But I think this helped me to better understand how I would use these new conditionals.

-y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back