Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vector Disconnect Timer Expires??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gany

Technical User
Feb 19, 2007
US
Hi. I programmed a report solely for CALLSOFFERED in cms. There was an instance when CALLSOFFERED and CALLSHANDLED did not tally but ABANDONEDCALLS still says it's "zero". So where did that lost call go? Actually, it went to the category that says "FORCED DISCONNECT CALLS". It says that this happens everytime the Vector Disconnect Timer expires. Before the call went to queue, it got disconnected in vector processing. My problem here is, why does the server forcely disconnects the calls? what does vector disconnect timer expires means? can we prevent this? please help me out. thanks.

Gany,

Depending on your version of CM, check out the "change system-parameters features" form (at about page 10) and look for the field called "Vector Disconnect Timer (min)". This is the field that controls when the switch will drop calls still in vector processing after the specified number of minutes. You could try upping that number or leave the field blank to disable it.

Nick

Nick,

Thanks for that very reliable info. ^_^

Gany

By the way, do you have any idea why the server forces the call to be disconnected? What is the purpose of Vector Disconnect Timer?

Gany Fragata
Junior Systems Engineer
"knowledge + humility = wisdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back