Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VDN Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfalomir

Technical User
Feb 6, 2003
MX
Im having a problem, I made an CTI app that monitors ACD calls, and once a call is received I take the ani and check at a DB if the number is not found in a table where we store phone number of frequently joke callers, I have everything working well, but one exception...

This is my vector

1. adjunct route-link
2. wait n time
3 route-to 6666 (VDN of my ACD)

If i leave on step 3 the route to 6666 (VDN of my vector to place calls on a skill queue), it doesnt work because the call goes directly to Connected state and goes to my acd, so I cannont check the call against my DB, however if instead of route-to 6666 I choose any of my network station , example my own office station, everything works quite well, the call enters in IDLE or OFFERED state, gets checked against the DB, and then proceed...

My 6666 VDN is linked to another vector that has:

1. wait
2. queue to skill
3. wait.

Thanks in advanced!!

How long is your wait step? we basically have the same programming for our CTI app. The only time it does not follow the adjunct route step is if the CTI link is down, or the look up is too slow. Try makeing your wait step longer to see if that helps.

RTMCKEE

CM 2.1.1
Prologix R9.05
Modular Messaging 1.1

Have you considered using a vector routing table instead?

1. goto step 5 if ANI in table 1
2. wait n
3. route-to 6666
4. stop
5. disconnect

change vrt 1:
442-765-4543 (Joke caller)

Yeah, that was my first option, but I needed something more practical and dynamic, VRT tables have to be administered manually, and since our DB table of frequently joke callers updates everyday that wouldn't work for us, or at least for me because to input like 4000 records distributed between 40 VRT tables could be really painful :)

Anyway, this week I just got my app working :) I have a MySQL DB where I store the joker's ANI and once a call is received, it is handed to my adjunct, check the DB and decide the route upone the result :)

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back