Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VDN of Origin Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

acddiva

Technical User
Nov 4, 2002
CA
I have one vdn being transferred back from an IVR which is not playing the whisper announcement to my agents. All my other VDNs are playing the whispers but are not transferred out of the IVR -- these are inbound from PSTN. I have checked the COR on the EAS ids, the voa is enabled on the vdn, the announcement works.. I am out of ideas..Anyone have any???

The VDN that has the whispertone (VOA) associated with it needs to be set on the VDN form to not allow VDN override. More importantly, The VDN that originally receives the call, or any VDN that handles the call before the VDN with the VOA, needs to be set to allow VDN override. If a VDN is not set to not allow VDN override, it maintains ownership of the call throughout the routing process. Therefore, when the agent receives the call, all call data is credited to this VDN and, relevant to your situation, all settings associated with the original VDN (including VOA settings) remain in effect.

Thanks for the info, however, my vdn's are set up as you have described and I still do not have a vdn of origin announcement playing. I am thinking that it has to do with the pass off of the call within the IVR to the PBX..

Hello,

I need a little hlep with the VOA in the vetor itself, please.

I need to achieve somethign liek this ...
(my made up english version quasi vectoring)

IF DID = xxx.xxx.xxxx
whisper important.call.audio.file

It sounds like VOA is what I need to use, does anyone have a snipit of a vector using VOA ?

Thank you in advance :)

If your announcement board is real busy.... it can queue playbacks. It can and will skip the VOA if the playback is queued. If you have another announcement board. Try recording it there.

I've come across this on a VAL board that was constantly queuing (ton's of traffic hitting it). Moving it to a less busy board completely helped. VOA by nature should be really short announcements.

do a "list meas ann all to" and see if announcements are queuing

Thanks,

Wildcard

Have you checked the COR for the hunt group? That is what I found causing one of my problems.

jasonwan,

VOA is assigned to the VDN, not through the vector.

Kevin

If you have a vdn before your vdn that queues to your agents, the vdn before the vdn that queues needs to be set to allow vdn override.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back