Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VDN display w/ PRI on 96xx sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristiandg

Programmer
Sep 27, 2002
US
Good afternoon all. Over the weekend we upgraded our LD carrier lines from T1 to PRI. Of course, now we have Caller ID, which is great. However, our call center is reporting that the VDN name, which of course used to appear on the phone screen so they knew how to answer the call, is being pushed off the display by the Caller ID.

Is there a way to tell the system that VDN name is more important than Caller ID?

TIA

Kris

I don't think you can. The 9600 phone has it's own mind about what it will display, where it put's buttons, etc....

For example, the information you see interacts with your contacts list. If there's a match with the caller ID, it will override what would normally be seen with contact list information.

What you might try is to build a vu-display button. The object type would be vdn. All you would need to put in the display would be the vdn-name, and vdn-extension.

Add that button to your phones, and when agents can't tell which vdn was called, they can press the vu-stats button to get the information.

VDN of origin announcements may also work. They would play a short announcement (Billing call, Help desk call) to the agent when the call is answered.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

I hate these damn 96xx phones. A single line of text, when all previous models had 2 lines of text. Wouldn't have this problem with 2 lines. :)

And actually, found out some more detail on this. When we're receiving calls from certain clients, we're actually seeing the Agent ID name of the calling party. So, if they're on an Avaya PBX and call out over our LD carrier, if it stays on-net, we're seeing the station name (or Agent ID name) programmed on THEIR PBX.

I get the feeling that may be UUI data, and have already asked the carrier to try and eliminate it, but didn't know if there was anything we could do on our end.

Thx.

Yeah. That can get sort of weird. I see it too when people with Avaya PBXs call me.

You might try changing the codeset for display on the trunk group pages for your LD network carrier. If you change it to 0 it might ignore the UUI data. (Of course, experimenting like this should be done off hours.)

Yeah, the 9600s have great screens, but they WASTE so much of it. You'd think that you'd be able to put more onto the screen with a display that large. I get more information from my crummy cell phone screen, and it's half the size of the 9600.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back