Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VCON products - anyone have experience with

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpp

MIS
Jul 13, 2000
US
Anyone have experience with VCON products? We need to do Video over IP, and VCON is one of major vendors in that area. Opinions, success/failure stories would be appreciated.
Thanx.

John Padovano
Manager of Network and Internet Systems
EngenderHealth

Hi John...

I've had a few years working with VCON products...

VCON have (IMHO) has best by a long way implementation of H.323 out of any of the mainstream products out their. They are GOOD (network technology wise).

The only downside that there is with VCON is that although technically their great, they often sell them with crap camera's that lower the overall quality (which is all the end-user cares about), and personally I'm not a big fan of the interface.

Hope this help

thanx for the feedback.
Have u used any of these products over dsl or cable links for business purposes?
I'm being told that anything over internet is not worth it, that ISDN is the way to go. Is this true?

If you are looking for VCR quality video all the time then ISDN is the only switched media to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back