Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VCM Resources needed? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonecable5

Vendor
Jul 30, 2015
MX
Hi everyone.
If i want a softphone-only deplyment, On IP office R10, 80 mac video softphones, and 20 android power user, it will need 100 vcm resorces?
the trunk it gonna be E1 with 30 channels.

Make sure you've talked to Avaya about compatibility with macOS 10.12 first.

Meanwhile you would only need 100 VCM channels if all 100 users wanted to be on external calls at the same which would be a neat trick with just 30 trunks.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Also be aware I believe there is a 60 user limit on softphone on the IPO (undocumented feature :))

Edit - Looks like it is only communicator that is limited to this.

| ACSS SME |

I have a customer with well over 90 communicators. No issues here..

Hhmm my colleague who came from a company called Pennine Communications told me about it after one of their customers wanted a couple of hundred users on communicator and Avaya told them no and advised them of what I said above.

| ACSS SME |

Video softphone and Communicator are totally different things though.....

Surley as communicator is applicable to the user tab you can have as many concurrent as you have availble users , comparable to phone manager really.
From knowledge base

3 Supported for advanced Avaya Communicator usage if one-X Portal and Voicemail Pro applications are also installed. If otherwise, only basic Avaya Communicator usage is supported. Basic Avaya Communicator usage can also be enabled for any user profile using an Avaya Softphone license

I know on a server edition any user with appropriate license can have communicator.If limits are applicable it will be the advanced communicator profile.

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back