Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VC6.0 dll called by VB6.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMillionDollarMan

Programmer
Jun 10, 2002
US

Is there an easy code example I could follow for this one from MS?

I just need some one to give me a name so I can look it up.

I need a VB application to call my dll (created in VC++ 6.0).
I have no problem with VB part its only the C++ part.

I have a small example but the error is "Couldn't find the entry point." when I try to "regsvr32 MyVCDllForVB.dll" or when I try to include it into my VB project.

Any assitance would be appreciated. I'm too lazy to search the huge amount COM documentation.

Thanks

Great, you are lazy, but I should disappoint you a bit, there is no easy method of studying COM. The smallest sample of a COM server in C++ is something like 500 lines of code. ATL or MFC would be shorter, but you should understand COM. So, samples in ATL or MFC would be harder to understand than just COM API. So, the easiest way, is to use wizards and learn at least how wizards work. So, you will be able just to edit small portion of program without understanding the architecture of whole generated code. Often that's enough.

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back