Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VC++ Help Needed!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheProgramer

Programmer
Apr 10, 2004
US
Hi,
I am making a dialog based, Win32 application. I have set it up to have a person input a password, but it won't validate it. How do I make it validate the password? I want it to be able to have multiple passwords. I tried:

Code:
if (password == 1111) return 0;
so that if the password is correct, it will close the window, but my compiler gave me errors. how do I do this. Please Help.
Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

--TheProgramer--
C++ Programer since 2004.
You can contact me at:
theprogramer2004@yahoo.com

Be more specific about the errors. We can't help if we don't know what the problem is.

It will not validate the password when I click on Validate

--TheProgramer--
You can contact me at:

Probably because password still exists as a string if you've just read it from the user.
You need to show some of the things you did (and the declarations of say password) prior to this point.

One line of code and "this doesn't work" posts are essentially useless if that line of code is syntactically correct, because the problem is 100% somewhere else.

--

I dropped this project. I went ahead and started a new text editor. Thanks anyway.

--TheProgramer--
You can contact me at:

Try C# -- I did after getting frustrated with the complexity of VC++ and am loving it!

With C# you can at least interact with C++ DLLs and Libs but have the GUI built with C#.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back