Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VC 6 or 7 executable name

Status
Not open for further replies.

vacant

Technical User
Aug 5, 2001
GB
Hello all

I'm using some Neural Network software that requires I have Visual C++ version 6.0 or 7.0 installed.

As I don't have these, or any version at all for that matter, I downloaded Express, but when I browse the NN software to the location of the executable it doesn't recognise it.

So I was hoping that maybe if I rename VCExpress.exe to the name of the executable in 6.0 or 7.0, then it might just work.

If someone could post that here I'd be most grateful

What do you mean it "doesn't recognize it"?
Exactly what is it that you are doing? Are you compiling with VC++ Express? What is the exact message you are getting?

I believe the visual C++ 6.0 compiler in command-line edition is itself downloadable from Microsoft, for free, but might be wrong.

Thanks for listening

cpjust - don't worry about it, I've since discovered this just isn't going to work with 8.0, so I really need to get hold of an earlier version.
Thanks lionelhill, if I can find that I'll be back with your star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back