Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vbsendmail.dll Access 2003 "Active X Component Can't Create Object"

Status
Not open for further replies.

charcurley

Programmer
Aug 16, 2001
Hello. I have been using vbsendmail.dll (I have the latest version of this file as well) in my Access 2000 VB Module for years and it works great. I have a scheduled task that runs every morning and sends out about 20 different emails using the smtphost. We have upgraded to Access 2003. When the module starts to run the "Active X Component Can't Create Object" pops up. I have gone thru all the help regarding this error. When I try to use Regsrv32 there is an error: DllRegisterServer in C:\windows\system\vbsendmail.dll failed. Return Code is 0x80004005. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I just like the way this ran with no problem for so long and it would be ashame to have to go to something else but I am open to suggestions as well. Thanks!

You can do a quick test to make sure it is still registered on your system... just make a little .VBS file that creates the object... something like
[tt]
on error resume next
set ob = CreateObject("vbSendMail.clsSendMail")
if ob is nothing then
msgbox "createobject failed"
end if

if err.number <> 0 then
msgbox "error #" & err.number & " - " & err.description
end if

set ob = nothing[/tt]

you could just put something like this on your destop, rename it .vbs, and double-click it and see what happens.

Thanks I did this. Createobject failed. error #424 Object Required?

Sorry last post was not what I was looking for. Createobject failed. error #429 - ActiveX Component can't create object.

Well if it doesnt work as a .vbs file that you click on the desktop then it probably needs to be reinstalled.

Sometimes stuff doesnt like to run as a scheduled job because of the security context used for running it as a job but if it also doesnt work for the console user then it probably safe to scratch permissions problems off the list of causes.

It does not run at all not only with schedule tasks. If I go into the module to run one email I get the same error.

I placed the dll's in the system32 directory and the smtphost went thru but I get the same error when I send an email that has an attachment. The error is on the mymail.attachment line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back