Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBScript to manage AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molenski

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2002
DE
Hi there,

I'm looking for a pointer on something that's come up at work - all based around Windows AD.

I'd like a application (I'm not even 100% sure whether it should be in VBS but I thought I'd start somewhere!) which allows somebody to input a group name. This should then create 3 groups, prefixed slightly differently. Eg If I enter group name as Adam the groups Read-Adam, Change-Adam and FullControl-Adam would be created in a specific OU. I also need the ability to add existing users to this group, create a folder (in this case Adam) and apply permissions to it. And all through this application! Am I asking for the world? :)

Please be gentle with your replies!!!!! Thanks in advance.

buy yourself a copy of the 'Active Directory Cookbook', o'reilly, its a great book, read it, or just pick the chapters you are interested in at the moment. its a bible

I Hear, I Forget
I See, I Remember
I Do, I Understand

Ronald McDonald

ok, thanks. am looking at it at the mo!

assuming you have permissions to do so...(creating/modifying objects in AD)...then is there any reason why you cannot use the Active Directory Users and Computers tool in adminpak.msi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back