Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

shredhead

MIS
Oct 17, 2003
US
Damn this one is annoying...

I downloaded a program called Contact Zone which is a COM add in for Outlook. When the trial expired I uninstalled the program. However, there are still remnants of it apparently. I keep getting this error "Cannot initialize Vbox" whenever I am in Outlook. I can't send or receive email unless I shut down and restart Outlook. It also says something about not enough memory resources and some other error when I send a message.

Vbox is the software protection the vendor uses to package the evaluation copy of their software. I contacted Contact Zone's publisher and they told me to boot to my Windows 2000 CD and run a quick restore. That seems rather drastic.

I was wondering about any other possible fixes since Vbox is used widely. Has anyone run into this before, and if so, what did you do? (I tried deleting the vbox DLL from /winnt/system32 but no dice. The registry didn't seem to have a trace of it.)

thanks for that tip but unfortunately that did not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back