Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBA3EN.DLL?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillda01

MIS
Sep 28, 2004
GB
Im trying to open a spreadsheet in Excel 97 and keep getting this message.

Unable to find VBA3EN.DLL.

I realise its to do with Visual Basic.... I have replaced the VBA files of a different machine that it works on, but still no joy.

Any ideas everyone?

Have you tried running System File Checker and replacing the missing DLL?

Where abouts is the system file checker???

I have fixed the problem now anyways.... Office 97 was installed on a network and excel was looking for a vba file located on the server. I changed the microsoft shard path in the registry and hey presto it worked :)

Anyhows I would like to know what the system file checker is.....

here are some good explanations of what a system file checker is:

link 1
link 2
link 3

hope this helps. peace! [peace]

kilroy [trooper]
philippines

"Illegitimis non carborundum!"

it actually runs a bit differently on different operating systems. What OS do you have?

Try

Start > Run > cmd

At the command window type sfc end hit enter to view all the system file check options.

Normally sfc /scannow will search for bad system files and ask you what to do when one is found.

If I remember correctly it will ask you to insert your XP CD if cabinet files (.cab's) are not on your HD. The restore will come from either the cab files or the CD.

I haven't done this in a while so hopefully someone else will chime in if I'm wrong.

I used the Start...Run menu item and entered sfc /scannow command on my Win2K Pro system last night. After running for a while, it asked me to insert my Win2K Pro CD-ROM. It then churned in the background retrieving some files and finished. At this point, I rebooted (although this was not requested).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back