Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vba write a dxf file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katto

Technical User
Apr 6, 2005
US
I really need a macro that writes a DXF file for ONE polyline. I did read many posts and heavily googled the topic. I also found a AutoCAD DXF format document, but unfortunately I was not yet able to make it on my own. Made a dxf file with one polyline in it and tried to delete the header and other sections to get to a very much streamlined form that would allow me to to understand the file structure , so I can create the macro that takes a number of points. Too cryptic for me. I would need an example say a polyline with 3 points and I will take it from there.
Thank you and please forgive my ignorance

Could you not just have the macro execute AutoCAD's "dxfout" command and get the dxf file you desire?
Or are you creating it from some other source than AutoCAD? Of course the dxf format will depend if it's an "lwpolyline" or "heavy" polyline, possibly with varying z values, arcs, smoothing, etc.
Is your dxf guide similar to below image?
LWPOLYLINE_fqhnd7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back