Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBA won't run on one database 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulBricker

Programmer
Sep 25, 2002
US
I have a db on the network that 2 of us use. On my pc, it runs fine. The AutoExec macro works and all the VBA event procedures work. On our Admin Assistants machine, the AutoExec Macro works but none of the VBA code executes. If I type something in her Immediate Window like
?Asc("m")
I get a message that her macros are disabled but in the Trust Center, our macro settings are both "Disable all macros with notice". As far as I can tell our settings are exactly the same. I have remapped her trust center to the appropriate folder (with subfolders checked) but no luck. If I enable her macros, the VBA works properly. The VBA in other db's we use runs fine on her machine. I'm just stumped about this.
I can provide any info needed, I just wanted to keep this initial post fairly small.

Thanks

Paul

Have you looked under:
Trusted Locations
??

It's in the same area - Trust Center Settings

Thanks, yes, that's where I've remapped her paths to trusted locations. I finally got this just a few minutes ago. I wiped out all her locations, changed her Message bar in the trusted locations to 'Show message bar for all applications where content is blocked'. Then when I went back in I remapped all her trusted locations again. I think changing the Message Bar selection is what enabled the changes to actually take place.
Have a star.

Paul

The message bar isn't anything I've even bothered with to date. Useful info to keep in mind. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back