Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBA to subtract 6 days from a date

Status
Not open for further replies.

akn846

Technical User
Oct 16, 2001
GB
I have a spreadsheet which as the first column currently contains a date - which is the date of the Sunday of the given week.

What I am looking to do is to populate a second field with the date of the Monday of the same week.

I know I can do this using the DATE function within Excel, but as this spreadsheet is going to keep growing, I need a means of doing it for as many rows which are in the sheet.

So could someone suggest how I might go about doing this in VBA.

Many thanks

do a syntax search for the command in VBA called dateadd, i think that should work, havent used it in a while though. make sure u put the value of -6 as the number u wish to dateadd

thanks very much - I shall give this a go, dateadd is indeed the command

Thanks again

eg.

Sunday dates are in column "A", starting at row2.
Monday dates should be in column "B", starting at row2.

You should:

Put "=A2-6" in cells "b2"
Fill down.

Simple as that.

No need for VBA unless you would like to automate the population of column "B" as column "A" changes. SuperBry!

Bryan

Thanks for that - but I would prefer to automatically populate the week start field.

Another silly question coming up - I know how to count he number of rows in the spreadsheet - so I wanted to loop through the process of changing all the B values.

How can I use a variable name to access a cell - ie I have to loop through and use the activeworksheet.range("a1") construct to assign the value of this cell to a variable - how do I make that call activeworksheet.range('variable name')

Thanks once again for your help

Ignore me - I've cracked it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back