Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBA Script to Open Lotus Notes email

Status
Not open for further replies.

vadnagra

Technical User
Oct 10, 2004
US
I am trying to open a Lotus Notes (V8.0) email from within an excel workbook (VB Script). I want to set the subject line and body of the email via the code, but then have the email open up so that I can manually enter the Receipient list of names. This is how the current implementation works for MS Outlook, but we are migrating to LOTUS Notes 8.0. I found a lot of examples on the web, but they all set up the email and then send it as well - I don't want to send the email, just set it up and then display it.

Any tips? TIA

Kay

I don't know the Lotus Notes's object model but did you try a Display method instead of Send ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Yes I tried several random things - display, show, activate - they don't seem to work!

There is some related code in vb6 at thread222-766157 which may help get you get started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back