Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBA Code Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamirNaenenjad

Programmer
Mar 20, 2002
US
I have a bit of code in a Module that has become corrupted somehow. If I even try to view the code, Access imediately crashes and exits. It even crashes if I try to delete the code module.

Repairing the database did nothing, so I am wondeirng if anyone has experienced a similar problem, and where I can find some resources on how to fix it.

Thanks,
A.J.

I've had this happen to me before as well. (It was a report in my case).

I ended up copying all my tables, queries, forms, etc into another blank database and deleting the entire original database. I then copied in the corrupted object from a backup of the database. If you don't have nightly backups, then consider this a lesson learned and start backing up!! Maq B-)
<insert witty signature here>

Try to decompile the app first.

Run this code after you fill in your database location

&quot;msaccess.exe&quot; /decompile &quot;YOUR DATABASE LOCATION&quot;

This will decompile the VBA code to the current version of VBA you are using.

Naga... Naga... nagannaworkhereanymore.

-Michael Bolton JHall

Thanks Mr. Lowell, your /decompile tecnique appears to have fixed the situation. That saved me quite a bit of time cutting and pasting tables/macros/queries...

And Michael, any relation to the pop singer?

-A.J.

No it's just a coincidence, #SIGH#. I celebrate his entire catalog. JHall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back