Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBA calling Raw Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkNie

Technical User
Sep 22, 2005
GB
Hi All

Here is one that is driving me up the wall. Maybe best to explain what I am after and if I could find out what would be the best way to go about this.

I currently have a Biography document in PPT 2007 which I want to link through all my documents (other presentations) to make it easier for us to control on a day to day basis and easy to update all presentations.

I was thinking of starting a excel spreadsheet with all the data on eg: Name, Title, Biog. This is where I am having a problem. I can link the text from the xls to ppt but then it keeps the format of what is in xls. This will not work for us as sometimes there are 2 people on a slide and sometimes there are 3 so the actual textboxes need to be able to move and stretch without changing the font size.

Is there a way that I could call the Raw data into ppt into a text box which can then just be updated each time I run the macro from excel once the updates have been done.

Any help, ideas or a finger in the right direction will be great.

Thanks
Mark

Not entirely sure what you're trying to do here. I have an inkling, but still not entirely certain. Can you post some code?

Hi Gruuuu

Currently I have not started any code as I was just checking if anyone knew which is the best way to go about it. Let me try explain it a bit better.

I have an excel spreadsheet with data in, column headings:

Name Title Biog
Mark Assistant Was born in South Africa

I am trying to get that data into textboxes in ppt 2007 with vba. So that it is possible to change the format of the text in ppt.

Thanks again for any help.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back