Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBA AddIn - Viewing Project Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hafod

Technical User
Mar 14, 2005
GB
Hi,
Over a year ago I wrote an Add In for Access 97. I password protected the ASdd-In which I recorded. However, I can recall how to unlock the Add - In for editing. In the VBA Editor I double-click on the Add In which responds correctly with 'Project Unviewable'. Ithought this action requested password entry?

Probably a simple one!!

Thanks

If you created 'mde' file, the add-in contains only compiled code, that is unviewable in VBE window.

combo

Thanks for reply. Agree with your post (Have written DB Add Ins as well). My error - Should have stated my application Add In issue relates to Excel97 - sorry so an XLA file type.

Open (no install) the add-in. In immediate window execute:
Code:
Workbooks("YourAddIn.xla").IsAddin=False
You should now see the workbook (if no, unhide window) and save as 'xls' file.
Check if the workbook is shared, this always locks access vba project. If no, a part of the vba stream could be destroyed. It still can accessed, but with hacker methods, that are not discussed on this forum.

combo

Many thanks Combo. Now OK
Hafod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back