Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB6 over a website

Status
Not open for further replies.

IANGRAND

Technical User
Jul 29, 2003
GB
I have developed a standalone visual basic executable containing data that i wish to be accessible through the councils website. Is there a way that i can embedd the program in a webpage, using dreamweaver, so that it would be possible for the user to use the program 'Live' rather than having to download it. I susspect that the answer requires a java script?

Regards

Ian Grand

I was also looking for something like this .
If anyone there has done such a thing before please help.

Vikram

Ive already tried this or so i believe. I developed a page a while back, which embedded a virtual world in VRML see below.

<td width=&quot;51%&quot; height=&quot;485&quot;><embed scr=&quot;Ian Borgoattempt.wrl&quot;
name=&quot;Scene&quot;
width='100%'
height='103%'
align='centre'
border='NONE'
navigation='0'
contextmenu=&quot;FALSE&quot; src=&quot;Ian Borgoattempt.wrl&quot;>
</embed></td>

so ive rehashed this code to the one below, but the following noticed is served: No viewer available possible location Microsoft Activex Gallery. Any idea what i need to do?

<td width=&quot;54%&quot; height=&quot;485&quot;><embed scr=&quot;Project1.exe&quot;
name=&quot;Project1&quot;
width='100%'
height='103%'
align='centre'
border='NONE'
navigation='0'
contextmenu=&quot;FALSE&quot; src=&quot;Project1.exe&quot;>
</embed></td>

Hi Ian:

No solution here, but a question if I may.

Have you really considered the safety issues involved in embedding an executable in your web page. If some nasty person was to hack the site containing your executable and replace that executable with malicious software, your reputation would be shot, and perhaps your pocketbook. There are loads of such miscreants looking for opportunities to ply their immaturity.

Would you want your customers to be that angry at you for going such a dangerous route, uhm?

Just something to ponder.

Cassie
[noevil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back