Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB6 Designer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadCatmk2

Programmer
Oct 3, 2003
GB
Hi all.

Hopefully someone has experienced this problem and can give me a little help in solving it. I have an application that a user can use to view various reports. This program was done using crystal reports 9 and VB6. I have since upgraded to crystal 10 and kept 9 on my PC for older reports. The problem i am having now is that when i try and add a designer (crystal report) it only gives the option for 10. Does anyone know how i can change this back to 9. At present when the program is compiled it causes an runtime error 713 as i think it is trying to access crystal 10 files which aren't installed on the users machines. Hopefully this makes sense and someone has some suggestions as to how to resolve this.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know what the specific keys are, but take a look in the registry under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT for CrystalReports. Often the manufacturer will append a version number to the key name. So I would see if there is a CrystalReports.9 in there, and if so, you should be able to specify that in a CreateObject call.

Chip H.

U can open the vbp in notepad and check the Crystal version number. If I'm not mistaken the version you will see in yours will be either 5.2 or above. Subtract 0.1 from the decimal (ie 5.2 will be 5.1). This will fix your problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back