Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB6 Default Project Folder 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

1SorryDog

Technical User
Jul 15, 2002
US
Anyone know where in the registry to change the default project folder? For example, I open vb, click on existing project tab.

This takes me to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98" folder. Then I have to navigate to my project folder on the file server.

My many projects are stored on our file server so they can be backed up to an external storage device.

I am running VB6 Enterprise version on Windows 2000 server.

Thanks in advance any help you can provide.

SorryDog

Why don't you put a shortcut to your project folder in VB98 folder? This is what I always do. When you open VB, and click the existing projects tab, you can just click the shortcut to navigate to your desired folder.

To do is the other way, go to the Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 shortcut properties, and change the 'Start in' folder (the working directory) to whatever you want. This way you can directly access your project folder when you go to the existing projects tab.

Hypetia,

Thanks! Your second suggestion was what I was looking for.!

Too simple! I was looking the hard way of doing things! LOL

Thanks again!!

Sorry Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back