Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB6 & CR XI 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

brews

Technical User
Dec 12, 2007
US
Have an app that was using cr9 but had difficulty with the reports on 64 bit machines. SAP contends that cr9 is too long in the tooth and that CR XI will solve the problem.

Finally found a msi combining SAP's merge modules for XI. Installed the app on a 64 bit machine/software. Program works but when calling a report this error msg appears: 'Logon Failed. [Database Vendor Code - 534774783].

Any ideas? thankx.

This isn't an area I know a lot about, but since no one else has answered I will try. The message reminds me of what I get when I've not been given permission to view a particular database. Since I'm not the person who grants such permission, I can't advise more than that.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 11.5 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Also remember that all versions of Crystal only really look at the 32-bit ODBC drivers. It has been an issue with us with Crystal Enterprise and SQL Server 2008 64-bit.

The reason for going through with exercise is because a Lee Smith with SAP told me I needed CR XI to work with 64 bit systems. Which makes sense to me since XI is package with one of the VS versions.

C'est la Vie!

Hopefully, someone has some info.

This isn't my area of expertise either, but someone just told me that to set up the driver, the odbc.exe that comes with Windows 7 (64-bit) doesn't work, and that instead you need to use: c:\\Windows\Sys\WOW64\odbcad32.exe. Not sure this is something that applies generally or not.

-LB

Thats odd, even though CR XI R3 (Enterprise) is supported on 64 bit machines, they still do not support 64-bit ODBC drivers.

You need to configure the OBDC with the 32 bit ODBC config program. Crystal can't see the 64 bit ODBC, so needs the 32 bit ones.

I don't think the upgrade was the solution to your problem. It was the 32/64 bit confusion. There is a longer article in our newsletter discussing this.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Thanks for the responses. Have been unable to find the link on the chelseatech website. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

The solution was to move the db from C:\Program Files to C:\ProgramData or some other directory. Apparently, since v6.0.6002 (Vista) it is no longer acceptable to place files that change in 'critical directories'. Here is a link that explains this more thoroughly :

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back