Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB vs VBA 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peanut2232425

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2001
US
What are the differences between them?

VBA is simply an object library containing objects, methods, and properties that allow for programming within office as well as other microsoft products i.e. reflections.

VB is nearly identical to VBA as far as code syntax is concerned. In VB, however, the objects, methods, and properties have more capabilities than VBA. VB is also usually used to refer to the IDE (Integrated development Environment). This is the independant program that you design interfaces and write code within. In VBA the development environment is just an extension of whatever program you are i.e. Access, Excel, Word, Reflections.... Also the VBA development environment in different programs can be different.

There are many other more complicated capabilities within VB that are not possible in VBA like EXE compiling, COM programming etc....

Reflections is a microsoft product used to emulate vms (mainframe) terminals in a windows environment.

I was just thinking... another difference i have encountered, is in most (if not all) VBA development environments, control arrays are not available. This can be quite frustrating sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back