Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB vs Delphi

Status
Not open for further replies.

premiK

Programmer
Jan 8, 2002
CA
Can any one tell me some comments about VB vs Delphi.
Advantages and disadvantages in both languages and which one is good to select?

Thank You.

Search this VB and the Delphi forum. There have been extensive discussions about this matter.

Herman :-Q

Yes I already did search in Delphi forum. But they said Delphi have more advantages, but in VB forum I couldn't find about VB developers openion, that's what I ask.

Thank You

Ok. In previous versions Delphi was always one step ahead of VB. Really object-oriented and a very fast compiler. However VB is used by far more people as you can see in the number of responses in the several forums. Using VB you can also easily make use of VBA for use in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.

Mr Herman,
Thank you very much for your answer, I also wondering when I know Delphi have more advantage ,but in common VB is used by lot of people. But VB also very good.
Thnk You again

Well, Delphi has been better, at least until .Net but Microsoft's marketing of products seems irresistable to most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back