Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vb to flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

rds747

Technical User
Mar 8, 2005
US
I'm passing the value of a checkbox from vb 6 to flash 8. The code is wrote is shockwaveflash1.SetVariable "chkNotUsed", "TRUE". However, the checkbox doesn't turn on in flash. Is there suppose to be another parameter that I should be passing into setvariable?

Thanks!

I think you have to mak shure, flash is aczualising the variable. Usualy it only doaes it, on events, i.e. onload, onclick.

Can VB send parameters to any of Flash's objects?

The setvariable is working for vb to send data to flash's textboxes, but I cannot send a value of true/1 or false/0 with checkboxes from vb to flash.

Sendvariable only sends strings. If you have other datatypes you'll have to convert them in flash.

Is chkNotUsed the name of a variable or the checkbox itself? If it is the name of the checkbox, then you're trying to assign a string to an object, which won't work.

The reason it works for the textbox is probably because you have assigned a variable name to the textbox, with which you can get/set the text property of the textbox.

From VB, try assigning your string to a global variable in Flash, then use your checkbox's SetValue method to change the value of the checkbox.

Would you know of a website that shows an example of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back