Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB to C# translators 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your best bet is to find a site that shows common functions and operator equivalents for both languages. I used a few C# to vb conversion tools, and still had to write a fair amount of the code from hand. The languages are very similar and it doesn't take much time to convert the code by hand.

Here is a convertor, but I bet it won't convert everything over by itself. The convertor that I used had problems with embedded if statements and some method calls.

Thanks to both of you!

I entered a search for a C# to VB.Net converter and found this thread. Thanks redss, the converter you gave the link to, was just about exactly what I was looking for. Do you know of others?
I recently inheirited a C# project that needs to be changed and redeployed next week (inflexible deadline). I am learning C# (and VB.NET), but I have years of VB6 experience, so a C# to VB.net converter was just what I needed.

And thank you intrex, too. I checked out the site you mentioned, and it looks like it will be very useful in the near future, after I have learned some more C# (and have a little bit more lead time before a deadline).

So, I thank you both and give you both a star.

Calen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back