Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB Sybase Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

100watt

Programmer
Aug 2, 2002
CA
I have been trying to package up a system consisting of a Visual Basic 6 application for the front end and a Sybase database for the back end. I have read all the documentation I could find on packaging up the Sybase database with a front end application and it specified that it could be accomplished by just packaging up the files needed to run the database, but not view it. However, when I install the package on a system, it doesn't connect the the database. Instead I have received one of two errors;
"Unable to connect to database server:Database server not found" or "Unable to find provider".

If anyone knows which are the appropriate files to include in the package please let me know.

Thanks 100watt

I don't know if I took more files than I needed, but I packaged all the DLL's in the win32 folder of the Sybase instalation. I was able to then install and run my system on a computer that did not have sybase client installed.

Sybase is installed on our network, so if you are trying to do a single computer install I don't know if this would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back