Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB SQL paramaters 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

keenanbr

Programmer
Oct 3, 2001
IE
is it possible to pass paramaters to sql statements in VB. e.g SELECT * from table where fiels = ?

what application ??
but generally yes
the SQL is usually a string so
mySQL = "SELECT * from" & fieldname1

where filedname1 is a variable, should work

Rgds, Geoff
[blue]Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes![/blue]
Want the [red]best[/red] answers to your questions ? faq222-2244

And I showed you how to insert a variable into a SQL string - what more do you want ????
Can you not derive the fact that you could do the same with the WHERE part as you can with the FROM part ???

You have given no indication of where these "parameters" have / will come from. You have not even indicated if this is part of some VBA or a query or even what application you are using.

I suggest you start giving more information and doing some thinking before you respond like that

Rgds, Geoff
[blue]Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes![/blue]

Do not be affraid of xlbo, he is yelling at customers all the time? Men !!!
Psss, kenanber,
here how to
parsRS.FindFirst ("[Level]='" & xSheet & "'")
where [Level] is value from the table
and xSheet - variable
This is a brilliant way to pass parameter...
Are you Ok now ?
TIA

TLady - if I wanted to yell, I'd YELL
keenanbr provided very little information so I provided a basic example of how to interact with a SQL string
keenanbr then came back with an abrupt response that indicated that they thought I did not understand the question. I therefore came back with the reasons for what I responded with..... & BTW "customers" ????? If this was a customer based site, I would expect payment for my services - this is a peer to peer information exchange site and as such I would politely ask that you refrain from referring to users as customers

Rgds, Geoff

Yelling is form of weakness...everyone know it...as slaming the door...
So, yell now...
It is such a pitty that mined so brilliant is so angry.
I know, I was your target more then once myself.
And then I didn't feel like a peer, I felt like a customer who didn't pay :) (sigh and sadly departs...tears follow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back