Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB script

Status
Not open for further replies.

weeean

Technical User
Sep 13, 2004
GB
Heres a very general question that I doubt anyone can help with, but its worth a try...
I'm trying to write a VBscript that access the SQL database made by backupexec v9.1 to extract logfile information and email to myself so I can quickly see what failed and why after the backups run. Has anyone ever tried anything similar, and if so how did you go about it?

What dont you setup the backup exec notifications to email you and the job logs?

Yeah, but I have over 100 servers backed up each night, and would like a simple to read layout describing the success or failure of each one. Because we host I will also need to extract some of the relevant information to send to clients

Ahh... I see. Well ExecView may be a option for simple reporting or first glance.

Backup Exec command "bemcmd" line utility may help out by dumping reports to a folder then compiling. But that my be easier in VB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back