Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB script

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 17, 2003
US
I don't know much about VB script but I need a script to rename a text file to another location. Can you help me please?

Do you want to move or copy the file?

[blue]"Well, once again my friend, we find that science is a two headed beast. One head is nice, it gives us aspirin and other modern conveniences,...but the other head of science is BAD! Oh, beware the other head of science, Arthur; it bites!!" - The Tick[/blue]

I have a 6059.scr file in a folder that simply needs to be named 6059.txt within the same directory structure.

Code:
Option Explicit
Dim oFSO

Set oFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
If oFSO.FileExists("6059.scr") = True Then
  oFSO.CopyFile("6059.scr", "6059.txt")
Else
  'The first file was not there
  WScript.Quit()
End If

If oFSO.FileExists("6059.txt") = True Then
  oFSO.DeleteFile("6059.scr")
Else
  'There was a problem with the copy because the
  'new file is not present
End If

Set oFSO = Nothing

[blue]"Well, once again my friend, we find that science is a two headed beast. One head is nice, it gives us aspirin and other modern conveniences,...but the other head of science is BAD! Oh, beware the other head of science, Arthur; it bites!!" - The Tick[/blue]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back