Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB Project Corrupt??? HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jt463

IS-IT--Management
Nov 23, 2005
I opened an Access 2003 Database for the first time in Access 2007. It hung for about 20 minutes, so I closed it and then reopened it. I got messages saying the Visual Basic Project is corrupt and that I needed to make a backup.

I did (copied the current one and pasted it somewhere else) and then opened the database.

I don't have any of my VB code!!!! I can't figure out how to recover it at all! I have all my forms, reports, etc...and my modules are all visible but they are all empty!

Am I up a creek, or is there some miraculous way to recover the code?

I am running Vista Ultimate and tried to 'restore a previous version' but it didn't help.

I am trying to troubleshoot an error with my report, but without the code, I will have to reinvent the wheel!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

from a new database can you select
"File"
"Get External Data"
"Import"
Or does the import only bring in empty modules?

Thanks MajP.

Unfortunately, the modules are empty when I tried this.

Thanks Ed2020.

The decompile process worked, HOWEVER since the database does not display any of the VB modules, they still are not viewable.

I wonder what happened to all the code with this Database. It is as if it has all just disappeared!

Anyone have any ideas?

Good idea, ZOR.

However, there is nothing there.

What happens if you open your backup DB in ac2003 ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Thanks PH.

You may be on to something...I opened the copy I made of the original file in 2003. Nothing there (no VB that is).

HOWEVER, (brief background-I took the original and upconverted it to a 2007 db hoping that would fix it...when it didn't, I downconverted it to a 2003 db again) the vb is there in 2003!!! Unfortunately, I get an error:

"Compile error: Can't find project or library"

I am thinking it is referencing a different library (in my references) from 2007, but I don't have much experience playing around with the reference library.

I appreciate your time and hope we can figure this out. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back