Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vb.net install lock up problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dearjohn

Technical User
Jul 26, 2003
US
I attempted to install vb.net for a class. Installation failed and now all installations fail. The first attempt prompted me to install IIS and FP extensions. I did so. The vb.net cd prompted me to insert the studio.net prereq cd which tried to install the .net framework. At the end of the installation sequence it locked up and after a few hours, I hit cancel installation and it locked up again. I had to reboot. Since, nothing installs. I tried to install a windows update, and that hung up also. I am not a programmer, and don't know how to manipulate the registry safely. MS help is useless so far. Any suggestions?

I had a similair problem that I traced back to script blocking by my anti-virus software. If you are running some AV software, try switching off script blocking and see if that helps.

I did a clean reboot the second time I tried to install, and still no go. I tried to uninstall, but there is no trace of the program when I add/remove programs. I tried to uninstall the IIS and that just hung. If I did a clean reboot and it still doesn't work, will turning off script blocking do anything? Thanks for your help so far - I have until tomorrow to drop the class, but I'm still stuck with not being able to install/uninstall software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back