Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB.NET for beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.

isdex1

MIS
Jan 1, 2003
US
I was wondering what is the best way to learn VB.NET for beginners. I found this web site which offer online course, does anyone had any experience with them before? What book would you recommend or any good suggestions? Thanks

If you can already program then I'd say that site is no better no worse than many others out there. It's just a case of sitting down and working through a structured book and posting on forums for things that don't make sense.

If you're new to programming then I wouldn't start with vb.net - no doubt others on here will disagree with me - but to fully understand the whys and wherefores of .net I think you need experience of a small, "older" language to see why .net has developed the way it has.

IMHO I'd start with understanding variables, if statements, loops, functions, passing and rec. paraments/arguments. Then when you've got all those under your belt and you've written a few small programs you can take a look at .net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back